Rubix Support have several positions available in our growing team, who work across the north, east, southern and western suburbs of Melbourne. We have full and part time positions available with flexible working options. Rubix Support’s office location is Ivanhoe East 3079.
What we offer
· Flexible working arrangements.
· Opportunities for progression
· Attractive salary of between $75,000 - $95,000 (plus superannuation) depending on experience.
· A service that is passionate about improving the wellbeing of the people we support.
Who we are
Rubix Support are passionate about improving the personal wellbeing of people with cognitive impairments with complex support needs through coordinated assessments and support. We are a registered NDIS provider with significant experience in government and community-based organisations.
Like all Rubix Support team members, our practitioners have a strong passion for supporting people with a disability and their families.
What we do
Rubix Support’s provides evidence-based, practical, individualised behaviour assessment and support for people with intellectual impairments with complex support needs.
As a psychologist in positive behaviour support you will:
- Conduct observations, collect data and work directly with an individual to understand why they are displaying behaviour that others find challenging.
- Develop comprehensive functional behaviour assessments that are centred on an individual’s goals and aspirations.
- Write reports that address the referral purpose in user-friendly formats.
- Maintain documented evidence to demonstrate your process and support your recommendations.
- Develop visual aids that are reflective of the support needs of the individual and the targeted audience.
- Use your knowledge and skills to ensure that the individual’s goals are being achieved through advocacy and support.
- Work closely with an individual’s family and support network.
- Provide training to staff and families around positive behaviour support and assist in the implementation of this practice.
- Communicate professionally and be responsive when working with external providers within complex care teams.
- Be able to work independently in remote settings but maintain contact.
- Have strong administrative and record keeping skills, ensuring adherence to privacy and confidentially legislation.
Key selection criteria
- Registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia or provisional psychologists with relevant experience in supporting people with disability
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of the support needs of people with disability across home and community settings.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate effectively with participants, their families, community agencies and other professionals.
- A focus on supporting someone to increase their quality of life through self-determination and person-centred thinking.
- Able to adapt to changing needs and prioritise tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to use your own vehicle for travel.
For further information regarding Rubix Support please visit our website www.rubixsupport.com.au