Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
Elanora Heights Medical Practice is growing its psychology team and we are seeking a skilled and dedicated psychologist to join our Northern Beaches practice in Elanora Heights. The practice was founded by husband and wife, Dr Tom Hogan (GP) and Dr Laura Lum (Psychologist). They are passionate about total health and optimal wellbeing and remain dedicated to considering both how to treat symptoms while also investigating the underlying cause of the many health issues prevalent in modern society. The Elanora Heights Medical Practice Team believe in taking a preventative and proactive approach to physical and mental health.
As mental health is an inseparable part of total health and wellbeing, we would like to welcome the right psychologist to join our team of Psychologists, General Practitioners, Paediatrician, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist and Nurses.
Our practice is located on Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches in the heart of Elanora Heights shops and cafes next to the Nook Wholefoods Cafe. Lunchtime walks could be at the beach or walking alongside the beautiful tree-lined streets of Elanora Heights to one of the parks overlooking Narrabeen Lake.
Our modern practice was designed to feel like a home away from home, furnished with as many natural and low VOC materials as possible. Our love of nature and permaculture gardening has oozed into the practice and there are just enough plants to enrich the incoming fresh ocean air. Located at ground level, access for wheelchairs, prams and buggies is a breeze.
Selection criteria qualifications, experience, skills and abilities:
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Medicare provider status
- High level of expertise
- Experience in CBT as well as other modalities
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage with a high degree of professionalism, friendliness and organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to ‘healthy body healthy mind’ as well as ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated awareness of a work ethic to high standards and awareness of ethical issues
- related to the practice of psychology
- Extensive experience working with adolescents and/or children would be at a strong advantage
- Positive, supportive and happy team of fellow healthcare professionals
- Inclusion in interdisciplinary team meetings and team.
- Peer clinical supervision with other psychologists
- 6 highly experienced friendly receptionists who are trained to manage the entire booking process from preparing the room before clinic to managing enquiries, making and changing bookings, telephone and email appointment confirmations and taking payments.
- Printer, phone and internet
- EFTPOS and instant Medicare rebate
- Profile promotion within our marketing campaigns across printed advertisements, on our facebook and instagram pages and on our website as well as our network of local health providers.
- As part of a medical practice, referrals are frequent and experience in managing a waiting list is desirable.
We are currently expanding and allocating session times. Please contact us immediately if you are interested. Please send CV and covering letter to Dr Laura Lum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information regarding Elanora Heights Medical Practice can be accessed via our website www.elanoramedical.com.au and instagram/facebook:@elanoramedical