Our practice is well established and highly regarded in the St George area. This is a contract position for a registered psychologist who wants to work at least two to four days a week.
Would this position suit you?
We are after someone who shares our mature emphathetic approach and professional standards, a counselling therapist who would enjoy contributing to our clients' emotional and mental wellbeing and our positive practice culture.
We have an interesting and diverse client base from children to adults and couples. We are looking for a fully registered psychologist (clinical or non clinical) who has at least two years counselling experience to work across a wide client group. Having run your own practice would be a plus but not essential.
Our practice is very comfortable with three well-appointed consulting rooms located in a private residential area. Easy to get to with parking directly outside our clients and referrals are drawn from Sydney's greater south.
PSS is open Monday to Friday 9am to 8.30pm and Saturdays 9am to 3pm. At the moment appointment opportunities exist for Monday, Wednesday, Thursdays, Friday and Saturdays including after hours. Ability to expand days and hours as your client appointments grow.
- a positive and supportive work environment
- attractive hourly session rates - no percentage rates.
- peer support
- a practice manager to provide overall support to staff regarding processes
- an advanced cloud based diary system and reception service.
- comfortable private rooms and staff facilities
We need someone who will:
- work with a broad range of clients
- research and prepare for client sessions
- engage with clients to commit to counselling
- undertake some administrative tasks including client notes, report writing, taking payments etc.
- continue professional development to keep abreast of new therapies and procedures
- learn and adopt our processes and cloud based diary system
- a level of maturity to contribute to the positive culture of the practice and our team.
Key skills required:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- demonstrated skill and experience in providing psychological interventions and engaging clients effectively
- organisation and time management skills
- abilty to complete tasks and adhere to agreed processes
- initiative, self-motivation
- full psychologist registration with Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- able to obtain a Medicare provider number
- your own ABN and indemnity insurance
- sound computer and literacy skills
- referees to contact
Please send your CV and letter to
The Practice Manager
Or call to discuss further.
You'll find more details about our practice at www.psychologistssouthernsydney.com.au