Clinical Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
Gidget Foundation Australia
Location: Gidget House Toowoomba
- Multiple part time contractor positions available
- Opportunity to work in perinatal mental health
- Located within St Vincent’s Private Hospital Toowoomba
- Start in July 2019 (flexible start dates also available)
- Full administration support
- Medicare bulk-billed service
Gidget Foundation Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to promote emotional wellbeing for expectant and new parents and to raise awareness of perinatal depression and anxiety amongst women and their families, their health providers and the wider community to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate and supportive care.
The Foundation leverages its impact and strengthens its outcomes by working collaboratively with many professionals who support vulnerable parents. Its programs include:
- Gidget Emotional Wellbeing Screening Programs at hospitals (The Mater and North Shore Private) with more to come in 2019.
- Gidget House Model of Care, providing free psychological support (10 sessions) for families experiencing emotional distress during pregnancy and early parenthood, located at North Sydney, Randwick, the Mater Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital, Merrylands, Queanbeyan, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo and Toowoomba (with more to come in 2019).
- Start Talking, providing free telehealth psychological counselling support (10 sessions) for expectant and new parents nationwide.
- Education and awareness programs for health professionals and the community.
- Advocacy and active memberships of professional networks.
- Research and contribution to mainstream and professional publications.
- Development and distribution of resources.
About the program
Gidget House is a centre offering perinatal mental health services to expectant and new parents in need of support around perinatal depression and anxiety (PNDA).
This is a GP referred program that requires a mental health plan. Gidget clinicians support new mums and dads living with PNDA or who may have experienced some other forms of perinatal trauma such fertility issues, miscarriage and stillbirth.
The program is underpinned by a basic belief that early detection and intervention are key in ensuring those living with PNDA address the issues with treatment and can go on to live happy and fulfilling lives.
Gidget House Toowoomba is currently looking for qualified, skilled and experienced clinicians who will work within a team under the supervision and guidance of perinatal psychiatrist, Professor Bryanne Barnett AM. Applications will be considered from clinical psychologists, registered psychologists or accredited mental health social workers.
The people we are looking for understand the value of a person-centred recovery approach, have a can-do attitude, are able to work independently and as part of a team.
Gidget House Toowoomba will be open Monday to Saturday. A range of days/hours is available and the role/s can accommodate school hours and evenings. Whilst Gidget House Toowoomba is located within St Vincent’s Private Hospital, support is provided to clients from across the region, not just those who are patients of the hospital.
Essential selection criteria
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive psychological assessment and evidence-based therapy relevant to parents with perinatal mental health issues.
- AHPRA registration and endorsements in psychology.
- At least 5 years post-registration experience, with specific experience working with perinatal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a recovery oriented model, utilising a person/family centred approach.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently under approved professional supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate effective management of a caseload.
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and linkages with other relevant stakeholders and communities of interest to ensure better outcomes for the target group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft applications, in particular Word and Outlook.
Desirable selection criteria
· Research skills.
The applicant will need to have
- Registered status as a Clinical Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Medicare eligibility
- Valid Police Clearance or Criminal Record Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- An Australian Business Number
- Current indemnity insurance
Remuneration - Medicare rebate
- Career growth in a valuable sector
- Full administration support
Please submit a cover letter with your resume and regular availability to Peni Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your application with “Toowoomba Psychologist”. Referees will be sought upon short list completion.
The suitable applicants will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia.