About the company
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice within the disability sector, and we are celebrating our 67th year. Our extensive footprint covers lifestyle centres / accommodation / respite; Allied Health Services;Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE's;) employment services; Afford Getaways and Club Afford; supported employment and training.
Our focus has always, and will always remain on making sure our clients enjoy a high quality life, with no limitations as to what they can achieve. Our successful programs are well documented on our You Tube channel, and are a true testament towhat we stand for.
About the opportunity
Due to our on-going, consistent growth, we are once again expanding our Allied Health Team. This team has enjoyed unprecedented growth and success, to the point where we are now in need of appointing another Clinical Psychologist. Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include, but not be limited to
- Development and implementation of Behaviour Support Plans
- Provide psychological intervention and behaviour support
- Provide a high level of professional judgement and knowledge
- Be responsible for providing psychology services efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner
- Conduct psychometric, behavioural and functional assessments.
- Complete reports and work towards goals within the NDIS plans
- Actively participate in team meetings all related training
- Meet Afford's compliance requirements in relation to statutory WHS standards
- Meet Afford's compliance requirements in relation to ISO9001 quality standards
About the candidate
This is a key appointment within a highly regarded Allied Health Team within Afford and, as such, the successful candidate will not only need to display the relevant experience and skill set, but will alsoneed to match the selection criteria as stated below:
- Relevant psychology tertiary qualification
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current membership with the Psychology Board of Australia - highly recommended
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with all key stakeholders associated with this position
- MUST have an interest within disability / behavioural management
- Ability to work effectively with people with a disability who have a range of functional abilities as well as complex needs
- Willingness to travel to various locations in South East Melbourne
Why be part of AFFORD?
- Excellent working conditions;
- Competitive and above award pay rates and salary packaging options including incentives and paid training
- Career development and advancement opportunities.
- Rewards for excellent customer service.
AFFORD is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you may need to undergo a have a clear police check and a pre-placement medical assessment.
To apply, please submit your resume to Nicole.Luland@afford.com.au or call (02) 8805 3700 for further details or a copy ofthe position description