Multiple positions - Clinical and General Psychologists
Do you believe mental health is a human right? Do you believe in flexible and person-centered practice? Are you kind? Then we want to hear from you. We are seeking youth-friendly psychologists who believe in early intervention to deliver psychological support to young people (12-25 years) across a wide range of presentations.
We are offering the opportunity to practice in a supportive multi-disciplinary environment, where knowledge is pooled and risk is shared. We manage all administrative tasks and provide all referrals – no marketing work required. Our premises are new and very well maintained. There are on-site professional development opportunities and plenty of opportunities for collaboration with peers.
We have a waiting list of young people eager to engage for support and new practitioners can expect to be fully booked quite quickly upon commencement.
Who we are:
headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing and economic participation of young people.
headspace Inala is an established and well regarded service, where young people are welcome to access free services, provided by our multi-disciplinary team. Young people have access to primary health services, mental health services, drug and alcohol services, vocation and education services and youth engagement activities. We operate within a paperless environment, utilising electronic record keeping and filing systems to ensure consistent share care for clients across our services.
Who we are looking for:
Psychologists who are fully registered, youth-friendly, and are able to work two or more days per week. Engaged as an Independent Contractor, your remuneration is 80% of the relevant Medicare item fee per billed session, which includes superannuation.
Additionally, you will:
· Know how to engage with and treat young people with an emerging or established mental illness, including those from high risk groups, though the provision of evidence-based psychological and social interventions with a session limited model;
· Be currently receiving professional supervision / taking part in peer consultation;
· Have an understanding of and ability to comply with Medicare referral, record keeping and reporting requirements; and
· Have the ability to adhere to headspace electronic data collection systems, and all policies and procedures.
What we offer:
· Ongoing Medicare-funded referrals sourced from our established team;
· Opportunities to work with and gain support from a multi-disciplinary team, including clinical and general psychologists, occupational therapists, and alcohol and other drug counsellors;
· Opportunities for peer support through regular clinical review meetings;
· Full administration support, including referral processing, diary management and appointment confirmations;
· Opportunities to access a wide range of free professional development activities within our existing training framework; and
· Flexibility with hours and days worked.
Applicants must be:
· Fully (not provisionally) registered as a General or Clinical Psychologist;
· Prepared to see at least six clients per day;
· Eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider Number, and compliant with all Medicare referral and record keeping requirements;
· Insured for professional indemnity and public liability and have an ABN (or eligible to obtain all of these); and
· An excellent communicator, with strong computer skills.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tim Guest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Thursday 30 May 2019.