Heidelberg Weight Loss Surgery is a dynamic multidisciplinary bariatric surgery centre, established in 2013, located in the medical hub of Heidelberg, Victoria.
Our professional and caring team is comprised of Mr Kiron Bhatia (general, upper gastrointestinal and bariatric surgeon), psychologist, dieticians, and nurse specialist. This ensures that patients are well informed and supported lifelong.
HWLS is further expanding our team to include the services of a second sessional psychologist.
Duties include consultation with existing pre and postoperative bariatric surgery patients at main rooms in Heidelberg and at satellite locations such as Knox consulting suites.
- A particular interest in helping people achieve lifestyle change in the context of bariatric surgery
- An understanding of the principles of holistic counselling
- Experience with both short term and ongoing counselling
- A capacity to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- AHPRA registration
- Appropriate Medical Indemnity insurance
- ANZMOSS registered (following commencement)
Initially sessional commitments would be one block of consulting once a week. It is anticipated that these hours will expand as the HWLS practice continues to grow.
Team support will be available with respect to understanding the HWLS practice model, with regard to clinical assessment and multidisciplinary perioperative management.
Hourly remuneration is negotiable.
Applicants are encouraged to refer to the HWLS website: www.hwls.com.au