About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Multidisciplinary Allied Health Team Lead (Practice Lead), to join our Dubbo team. The Multidisciplinary Allied Health Team Lead (Practice Lead) is a client centred role that works in partnership with corporate, state and local teams to improve outcomes for children, young people and families, by, implementing organisational program initiatives, managing a multi-disciplinary permanency support team and providing practice advice and support.
- Provide supervision and support to a multi-disciplinary team to deliver quality outcomes for children, young people and their families and carers
- Guide and support the implementation of quality carer assessments, supervision, supports and reviews in accordance with LWB policy and practice models
- Support effective management of carer engagement , recruitment, supervision and support
- Embed the CARE approach locally by leading a multi-disciplinary service delivery team.
- Work in partnership with the Practice and Quality Team and practice hubs to ensure quality and consistency of practice across organisation
- Develop and lead the implementation of organisational practice related initiatives.
- Provide input into the development of new programs and translate these into practice.
- Partner and develop strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Business Partners to implement sound Learning and Development Program.
Skills & Experience
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or a relevant human service area
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated management experience ,
- Skills and knowledge in child protection/out of home care services/family support and preservation
- Demonstrated experience implementing evidence informed practice models across multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in providing professional development through clinical supervision, training, coaching and monitoring
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, to apply go to https://www.lwb.org.au/about-us/careers-2/job-search-results/view/3312158 and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 28 April 2019.