About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation working in more than 300 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
An exciting opportunity now exists for an experienced Case Manager Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) to join our team in Dubbo. The purpose of a Case Manager - ITC is to develop and implement therapeutic case plans which respond to the individual needs of children and young people in Intensive Therapeutic Care programs and support them to achieve their case plan goals.
- Develop and implement high quality therapeutic case plans for children and young people in LWB's care
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and young people in out of home care as well as their families in order to promote positive outcomes
- Support and monitor placements and ensure carers participate in the case planning process and assist them to implement the strategies outlined in the case plan
- Meet with clients and family members to gather input for case plans and ensure their views are represented
- Coordinate and network with other agencies to effectively achieve case plan goals within tight time frames.
- Participate in on call roster as required
- Coordinate and support the care team involved in the delivery of the case plans
- Ensure compliance with all internal policy and procedure, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to management of service delivery
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or Human Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of current casework practice for children and young people
- Experience in working with children and young people in out of home care, foster carers and families or groups
- Ability to develop quality case plans that are consistent with appropriate policy and procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously in carrying out agreed case plans, for multiple clients simultaneously
- High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills
- Current driver licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, please apply via our website - https://www.lwb.org.au/about-us/careers-2/job-search-results/view/3304518 and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This role closes at midnight on Sunday 28 April 2019