· Great People / Great Place!
· Gain accreditation as a Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) Psychologist
· Part time position
About this role
An outstanding opportunity has now become available for a registered psychologist to join our team in Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) Newcastle. The role would ideally suit a self-motivated individual with good organisational skills and an interest in job-person assessment.
We are seeking an experienced, fully registered psychologist with at least 2 years post registration experience in organizational or clinical psychology. In-house accreditation training will be provided to conduct assessments under Defence Psychology standards. You will have experience in interpreting psychometric tests and assessment interviewing, the ability to organise your work efficiently, plan ahead and follow-up. You will possess solid computer literacy with the ability to work independently as well as in a small team environment.
• Conducting psychological assessments within an ADF structured format
• Reporting to DFR recruitment staff on the psychological suitability and aptitude of candidates for service within the ADF
• Supervision and analysis of employment testing and debriefing of unsuccessful candidates
• Assistance and professional advice to all staff involved in the assessment process
Skills and Experience
• Must be a Registered Psychologist
• Proven experience within a clinical or organisational setting
• Proven experience in assessments, report writing and test interpretation
• Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic and face-to-face environment
• Excellent management and leadership skills
• Excellent problem solving, and time management skills
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous experience with the Defence Forces or Police desired but not compulsory - training provided
• Australian Citizenship
• Be able to obtain and hold a Security Clearance
• Comprehensive Training
• Defence Accreditation
• API Leisure and lifestyle incentives
• Work/Life Balance