- Join our dynamic multidisciplinary team
- An opportunity to be of a part an expanding psychology service
- Located in Waurn Ponds, Geelong
As a result of growing clinical services, a new Psychology post has been created to meet the demand. An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a Psychologist – Grade 2 (clinical or health) to be an integral member of the Allied Health Department, delivering care in the acute and rehabilitation areas at Epworth Geelong.
You will support our existing team to provide clinical care to inpatients and outpatients in orthopaedics, pain management, neurology, cardiorespiratory, oncology and medical/reconditioning.
Key areas of focus for this role include:
- Providing an exceptional patient–centred service
- Delivering group and individually tailored clinical care
- Developing the psychology and patient services both internally and externally
- Working with peers to build the existing service
- Being an active member of a true multi-disciplinary team centred on excellent clinical outcomes for patients
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will:
- Possess current psychology registration with AHPRA (essential)
- Have worked within a hospital or community setting, providing group and individual intervention
- Be flexible and passionate to meet the clinical needs where required in both acute and rehabilitation areas
- Be proactive and responsive to changing patient profiles and service demands
Epworth HealthCare is a world-class, not-for-profit, private health care group dedicated to providing the best possible outcomes for our patients by providing the best possible care. Across our eight locations patients and staff have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, surgical and procedural technology, world-class theatres and equipment and benefit from the extensive teaching and research occurring at Epworth every day.
The Epworth Difference is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience, Epworth is for those with the ambition to get better, give the best possible care and lead their field.
Epworth is a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
Epworth Geelong, located adjacent to Deakin University’s Medical School in Waurn Ponds, will be the cornerstone of world-class health care and education to meet the needs of the expanding population of Geelong and South West Victoria. This hospital will provide exciting career opportunities to doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff. It features contemporary design, cutting-edge medical technology and best practice patient care, whilst offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and rehabilitation services. Epworth Geelong has strong links to our acute and rehabilitation peers in metropolitan Melbourne, providing opportunities for support and collaboration.
Enquiring about and Applying for this Position
To obtain more information refer to the attached position description.
Direct your enquiries to the contact person listed below.
Applications must be submitted online – to apply for this position click https://epworthhealthcare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=pxKMtcheeT4=&jbc=ere
Appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Epworth and a valid Working with Children Check provided by the applicant.
Note: Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.