You will be required to work within a trans-disciplinary team of therapists. Work with individuals on the autism spectrum and their families. Develop and deliver individualised services across a range of settings including school, and community-based. Assist in building the capacity of families and caregiver to develop the strengths of each individual to promote engagement within their community.
The successful applicant would be expected to extend services to people outside of a diagnosis of Autism, as well as children and adults with Autism.
The position is flexible with plenty of room for new ideas and growth. Would be perfect for someone looking to try new things and a bit of a challenge.
Essential skills, experience & qualifications:
- Degree or higher qualification in Psychology
- Fully registered with AHPRA
- Sound understanding of contemporary, evidence based approaches to the design & delivery of intervention programs for individuals on the autism spectrum or developmental disabilities
- Capacity to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Working with Children Check
- Current first aid certificate
- Police Clearance
Position will commence as casual, but will move into part-time or full time in the future.
Looking to fill the role within 3 weeks.