Youth Focus is a for-purpose organisation that aims to prevent youth suicide and depression. Each year, Youth Focus supports more than 3,500 young Western Australians through its no-cost professional and therapeutic counselling services.
Youth Focus champions a person-centred approach to counselling which incorporates education, support and evidence-based clinical interventions aimed at strengthening resiliency and coping resources.
Youth Focus are currently seeking an experienced part-time Youth Counsellor to provide a mix of office and school based prevention and early-intervention services in the Albany area.
This role will be responsible for providing support to young people aged 12 to 25 with early signs of depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicidal ideation.
Ideally you will have:-
Registration/membership with a professional association (e.g. AHPRA, AASW ACA or PACFA) as a psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, counsellor or mental health nurse.
Experience in supporting young clients through bio-psycho-social-sexual issues in a therapeutic setting, as well as engaging and including families in counselling as appropriate.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, diversified and growing organisation.
- Competitive salary with ongoing industry benchmarking and access to salary packaging.
- Well-appointed, youth friendly, office environment.
- Comprehensive training, induction and support within the role as well as ongoing quality supervision and professional development opportunities.
- Above award annual leave, long service leave and superannuation entitlements, which increase in line with tenure.
- Vibrant staff engagement, talent management and recognition program with generous staff prizes.
- Ability to conduct psychosocial assessments to determine client suitability for early intervention services, including risk assessment/management plans and current mental health status.
- Ability to develop case formulations and care plans.
- Familiarity and use of outcome based measures to monitor and inform treatment progress.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Eligibility to provide services that attract a Medicare Rebate would be desirable
For further information on this opportunity please contact Chrystalla Georgiou, HR Business Partner on 08 6266 4333 or visit Seek for further details.