Full Time Position- 38 hours per week - Parramatta - close to train station
Contract until 30 June 2019 and to continue in line with funding
Base salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits,
- Excellent learning opportunities - Orygen Model and Recovery Framework
Under the lead agency Parramatta Mission, the headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP) service across Penrith, Mt Druitt and Parramatta will assist young people aged 12 to 25 who are experiencing a first psychoticepisode or who meet criteria that indicate they are at ultra-high risk of developing a psychotic disorder. Such assistance will be in the form of early identification and effective, evidence-based interventions delivered by primary care and specialist providers working together within a collaborative, accessible and integrated service framework.
About the Role
Senior Clinician in the hYEPP Continuing Care Team will be providing long-term case management and psychological intervention to young people and their families with hYEPP.
The role involves intake, assessment, engagement, psycho-education, clinical intervention, attendance at psychiatric review appointments, liaison with other services and relevant individuals, with an over-arching focus on care co-ordination. Groups are also run as part of hYEPP, and there is scope to be involved in their facilitation.
Candidates must meet the following selection criteria. Please address each of these in written form:
- Current qualifications as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Nurse and current full registration with AHPRA or eligibility for registration with AASW
- Current NSW drivers licence
- A minimum of 3 year clinical practice (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field, with specific experience working with young people experiencing early psychosis or a first episode psychosis, and their families
- Experience delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for young people presenting with first episode psychosis and ultra-high risk clients
- An understanding of the stress-vulnerability model, and the recovery framework for young people
- Ability to effectively engage young people and their families, including the ability to be creative and flexible
- Experience working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills, and a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with team members, other professionals and external agencies
Why be a part of Parramatta Mission?
- Generous Salary plus NFP tax benefits
- Excellent learning opportunities - great training provided
- Internal supervision provided
- Supportive environment with multidisciplinary team and funky offices
- All locations are close to Train station and Westfields
Interested applicants should submit their applications addressing the above criteria to email@example.com