Our vision is that people, everywhere in our community, will experience the power of inclusion through relationships, voice and action.
Our mission is to assist people to reach their potential through innovative and people-focused services.
Our values celebrate inclusiveness and opportunity. Our five core values are Accountability, Equity, Innovation, Integrity and Participant and young-people focused.
About this role
We are a unique practice who focuses on truly meeting client needs. We engage with clients from early childhood to late adulthood and are committed to best practice and great clinical outcomes. We work closely with Foster Care services, NDIS and Medicare and there is a variety of clinical work that can be tailored to suit your interests.
We have on offer generous professional development opportunities, salary packaging and a fully maintained company car with private use (FBT contribution required) for full time staff.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a professional clinician who is passionate about empowering others. You need to have recognised qualifications and experience as a Psychologist and have full and unrestricted registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
· Tertiary qualifications in Psychology and current registration or eligibility for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia to practice as a psychologist.
· Demonstrated experience and well developed skills in working effectively with children, young people or adults with a range of disability and/ or complex behavioural needs.
· Ability to work as a team member to consult, and work with staff to support clients who present with challenging behaviours.
· Knowledge of strengths-based practice, as well as family and person-centred approaches.
· Knowledge of trauma-informed practices.
· Proven record of collaboration across organisational management tiers.
· Ability to be able to travel throughout the Organisations locations e.g. Tuggerah/ Maitland/ Sydney/ Tamworth.
· Proven ability to work within computer software programs i.e. Microsoft Office
· Well- developed analytical, organisational and problem solving skills.
· Ability to collaborate across all services to ensure good practice and the maximisation of opportunities to achieve positive outcomes for the clients/participants, families and/or carers.
· Highly developed and effective written and oral communication, with a proven ability to clearly and logically express ideas.
· Experience with a variety of cognitive, developmental and behavioural assessments.
· Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
· Current NSW Drivers licence.
Demonstrated experience in OOHC/ADHC/NDIS or similar field or industry.
Demonstrated experience or ability to work in Mental Health.
Experience providing Clinical Supervision to clinical team or other professionals.
Medicare provider/registration number or willingness to obtain.
Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in Family Systems Therapy.
Strong group facilitation skills and/or training skills.
In addition to competitive pay rates the successful applicant will also have access to:
Attractive salary and flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
Salary packaging of $15,900 tax free pay per fringe benefit year to increase your take home pay.
Negotiated extra leave.
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the essential selection criteria as part of your application. To apply and view the Position Description please visit our website: http://www.challengecommunity.org.au/ or click on the direct link: https://challserv.expr3ss.com/jobDetails?selectJob=1237&s=6
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Helen Anglias on 0437 739 264.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children's Check (or willing to obtain) as part of the recruitment process.
The position will be based in either our Maitland, Newcastle or Tuggerah office.
Closing date: Friday, 25 January 2019.
No agencies or third party applications please.