- Work for a leading NFP
- Are you an experienced Counselling professional?
- Part time senior position
- Based in Parramatta
- Salary packaging available
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
Exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced Counselling professional to join the Parramatta Centre as Team Leader - Counselling.
The Team Leader - Counselling is a key member of the senior team in the region. The successful candidate will be a vital support and advisor to the Centre Manager and the position holds significant autonomy and decision making responsibility. The primary function of the role is to provide supervision and leadership to the Counselling team in the program as well as providing direct service where required.
To be successful in this role, you will have well developed practice and clinical supervisory skills, as well as flexibility, initiative, coordination and organisational skills. Some of your responsibilities will be as follows:
- To ensure quality services through support, supervision and leadership facilitating team functioning and performance;
- Program and cross Centre responsibilities as part of the local leadership group, managing the organisational interface with clients and external customers;
- Provide effective case consultation and clinical supervision including critical incident de-briefs;
- Maintain client case load as per Centre requirements;
- Provide triage of complex case when escalated;
- Prepare reports and analysis as required;
- Work closely with the Centre manager to develop and improve staff practice;
- Liaise closely with PQI to ensure counselling program meets service delivery standards, quality performance and legal compliance;
- Ensure the Counselling program at Parramatta Centre remains relevant and well connected, with other services within and outside the organisation;
- Ensure safe work practices, monitor and report on all associated risks.
About the successful candidate
This is a part time position working 4 days per week, days of work will be Monday to Thursday and one Saturday each month. The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in the human services area (eg social work, psychology), or other relevant qualifications;
- Qualification or demonstrated competencies in supervision, couple or family therapy, counselling, group work, psychotherapy, case management;
- Five years' experience full time as a child and family counsellor, couple or family therapist or 2500 hours of supervised clinical practice in counselling;
- Demonstrated skills, experience and training as a clinical supervisor, giving and receiving live group work supervision;
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of working within a trauma informed framework;
- Demonstrated competency in use of technology (including Microsoft office programs);
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality customer service to internal/external customers;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal;
- Current valid Driver's Licence;