Armadale Psychology is a growing private psychology practice with rooms located both in Armadale and Melbourne CBD. We're a team of experienced, supportive, and friendly psychologists who are dedicated to working with children, adolescents, and adults to improve their psychological and emotional wellbeing. Our focus is on delivering engaging and effective treatment using evidence-based approaches. It’s important to us that our clients learn strategies and skills that will help them achieve their therapy goals and build futures with greater meaning.
We are looking for a psychologist to join our team and complement our rapidly growing business in our Armadale location. We are interested in individuals who are warm, energetic, and motivated to make a difference in people’s lives. The position currently on offer is a contract position. We are interested in meeting with applicants who are available to see clients two days per week, and there is an opportunity to increase client contact hours in future.
· Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
· Ideally at least two years experience as a registered psychologist working with clients in a therapeutic setting (new graduates are welcome to apply)
· Eligible to register to provide psychological services through Medicare and private health providers
· Currently have, or willing and eligible to obtain an ABN
· Enthusiastic, highly motivated, dedicated and passionate about ‘making a difference’ in the lives of our clients
· Possess a warm, friendly, and professional therapeutic style
· Experienced and skilled in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of mental health disorders
· Experienced in the use of CBT, ACT, and other evidence-based interventions
· Able to work independently and autonomously
· Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and formal peer or individual supervision
· High-level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to complete written reports (e.g., Medicare MHCP reports and GP letters)
· Exceptional time-management and organisational skills, with commitment to timely reporting to referrers
· Ability and willingness to handle some administrative duties, including making client payments and using our practice management software
· A specific area of interest/expertise with regard to client presenting issues
· Willing to work additional days
Please email your application to Dr Amanda Sironic at email@example.com
You should include:
· a brief cover letter (with reference to the above criteria)
· your C.V.
· contact details of two professional referees