Who we are:
headspace Inala is an established and well regarded service, where young people are welcome to access free services, provided by our multi-disciplinary team. Young people have access to primary health services, mental health services, drug and alcohol services, vocation and education services and youth engagement activities.
Who are you:
A fully registered, youth-friendly general or clinical psychologist, who is able to work two (or more) days per week.
- the ability to successfully engage with and treat young people, including those from high risk groups, though the provision of evidence-based psychological and social interventions, within a session limited model;
- an understanding of and ability to comply with Medicare referral, record keeping and reporting requirements;
- the ability to operate in a paperless office environment and adhere to all policies and procedures, including capturing data within the headspace electronic data collection systems; and
- excellent communication, with strong computer skills.
Additionally, you will be:
- prepared to see at least six clients per day;
- eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider Number;
- insured for professional indemnity and public liability and have an ABN (or eligible to obtain all of these); and
- currently receiving professional supervision.
What we offer:
- immediate and ongoing referrals sourced from our established team;
- opportunities to work with and gain support from a multi-disciplinary team, including clinical and general psychologists, occupational therapists, and alcohol and other drug counsellors;
- opportunities for peer support through regular clinical review meetings;
- full administration support, including referral processing, diary management and appointment confirmations;
- opportunities to access a wide range of professional development activities within our existing training framework; and
- flexibility with hours and days worked.
Engaged as an Independent Contractor, your remuneration is 80% of the relevant Medicare item fee per billed session, which includes superannuation.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Tim Guest, headspace Inala Centre Manager via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5:00pm on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted as applications are received.