Psychologists and Mental Health Social Workers
- Counselling role with competitive salary and benefits
- Full Time or Part Time position with minimum equivalent of 3 days
- Various locations within Canberra and surroundings
CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn is a leading not-for-profit organisation with a presence in the community for over 60 years providing a range of services. We are looking for an enthusiastic Psychologist or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker to join our team of clinicians. This position offers variety and work with a broad range of age groups with a focus on mental health. We work within a supportive team of psychologists and social workers, provide regular team meetings, and supervision.
The Better Access program offers focussed psychological services to individuals via the Better Access Initiative (Medicare) to improve treatment and management of mental illness within the community. The program is bulk-billed and aimed at individuals whose financial circumstances would otherwise limit them from accessing other psychological services.
The role involves providing high quality focussed psychological therapy to vulnerable and disadvantaged people within the community who are referred with a Mental Health Treatment Plan via a General Practitioner. Your duties include following a CBT framework as the primary model of intervention and services are delivered in line with Medicare requirements.
You will complete administrative tasks including clinical records, relevant reports, GP letters and data entry are followed and other associated tasks.
You might be required to work across office sites and travel to external locations and surrounding regional areas on set days.
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Full registration with AHPRA as a psychologist or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker
- Counselling experience working in the mental health sector across the age range
- Demonstrated experience working within the CBT framework
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to clients presenting with complex issues such as comorbidity and suicidal ideation)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
- You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- A current drivers licence, and
- A Working with Vulnerable People Card
- A working with children card (if working in NSW region)