CatholicCare is pioneering an Australian first program and has seen overwhelming demand by the public for this service. As such we are expanding our team of clinicians for this program, called Next Step. We have positions available for clinicians who are looking to develop their skills and expertise in delivering CBT via specific models to adults and young people.
The key responsibilities for the Mental Health clinician will be to provide therapeutic interventions to adults and young people with mental health issues. Clinicians will be required to work from the CBT approach described in the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies framework. Staff receive 12 months of training and ongoing supervision in this model.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives and be a part of this ground-breaking program- we want to hear from you!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a new and innovative program. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing or Occupational Therapy (plus mental health accreditation endorsing the provision of psychological interventions).
- Registration with APHRA or Membership with AASW.
- Experience working in the mental health sector with adults and young people.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to manage risk.
- Commitment to delivering evidence based practice.
- Willingness to reflect on, review and challenge current practice and an openness to change and develop.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Covering Letter
- Address each Selection Criteria above
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- A current drivers licence, and
- A Working with Vulnerable People Card
- You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check