We're Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we're looking for our next Policy Project Officer in Melbourne.
We want someone who has experience working with policy development to lead one of Marie Stopes Australia's priority operating projects, the broader implementation of the Trauma Informed Practice care model. If you are a degreed professional with experience in clinical and organisational development and change then this position is for you.
What we want you to do:
- Support the organisation in adopting change in relation to trauma informed practice and care by maximising and aligning the procedures, practices, education and policies that underpin this change.
- Proactive management, delivery and implementation of the Priority Project, and other support tasks.
- Maintain collaborative stakeholder relations to achieve project objectives.
- Timely delivery and execution of project work.
- A strong attention to detail and a quality approach to delivery is critical to this role.
- Team based approached, leading to better team understanding and delivery of Trauma Informed Practice.
- Leadership and an ability to work autonomously on implementing this priority project.
- Value achieving personal, team and organisational goals in innovative ways that are led by consumer perspectives and team buy in
What we need:
- A Pro-Choice advocate
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3+ years project management experience working in either a community health centre, primary health care or psycho-social service delivery area
- Experience in systems development, accountability and evaluation processes
- Experience in policy development including creating and implementing training programs
- Ability to develop systems so emerging practices, policies and procedures are documented in accordance with current policy governance structures
- Understand and optimize stage based project delivery within a primary health care setting
What we'd like to see (but aren't essential):
- Experience working within a trauma informed framework, practice or care model
What we're offering:
- Full Time Fixed Term 12 months
- Salary will be based on experience
- Negotiable for the right candidate
- Generous salary packaging (considerably reducing your tax)
- Central location
Who you're joining:
At Marie Stopes Australia we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can't do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
Quality - Integrity - Sustainability - Courage