Broaden your professional skills and take on a fascinating variety of psychology work, looking after the wellbeing of Army personnel.
- Take on a diverse role offering new professional challenges
- Work in areas ranging from selection interviewing to counselling
- Enjoy an excellent salary package plus travel and numerous benefits
As an Army Psychologist help look after the psychological wellbeing of personnel, while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- job security and a good work/life balance
- world-class leadership training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
Maintaining the good health and fitness of personnel is a major priority in the Army, and this includes their psychological wellbeing. As an Army Psychologist your duties could include:
- post-operational screening
- counselling of soldiers
- critical incident health support
- clinical assessments and intervention
- occupational analysis
- personnel management advice, and
- the provision of support to deployed troops.
Initially however you can expect to be employed in areas such as selection interviewing, assessing the potential of candidates and their suitability for Army life and work.
This rewarding role offers excellent opportunities for professional skills acquisition and development within a challenging and stimulating military environment. Better still, in the Army you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
If this sounds like a new challenge you'd like to accept, apply now (below).
- Fully-paid training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $89,300 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Canberra ACT and Albury/Wodonga NSW/VIC
- Initial posting to Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Sydney or Townsville
- Aged 17 to 56
- Australian Citizen
- An APS approved three-year Degree in Psychology (plus either an Honours fourth year or a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology)
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position descriptions here:
Army Psychologist position description