Clinical or Counselling Psychologist Grade 3 - Turning Point Eastern Treatment Service, Box Hill Hospital
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
The Senior Psychologist will provide professional clinical leadership through the provision of clinical assessment and treatment, advanced psychological interventions, consultative and educational services to enhance the treatment of substance use disorder and social functioning of clients. A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a mental health and/or drug and alcohol setting as a fully registered psychologist is required. Prospective applicants will demonstrate advanced clinical knowledge, assessment skills, treatment and case planning in Substance Use Disorders and co-existing mental health issues and evaluating client outcomes.
TPETS is the Lead Agency for the Eastern Consortia of Alcohol and Drug Services (ECADS) and counselling staff work closely with our Consortia partners in the delivery of specialist alcohol and drug clinical services, in the eastern metropolitan region. To ensure ECADS is responsive to regional services demands, the Senior Psychologist will work across sites in the Inner (Box Hill) and Outer East (Ringwood).
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- A Masters or Doctoral coursework qualification in Clinical or Counselling Psychology that has been approved by the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Registration endorsement in the Approved Area of Practice of Clinical Psychology or Counselling Psychology.
- PBA Approved Supervisor status for higher degree placement and for the registrar program
- A minimum 5 years’ experience working in a mental health and/or drug and alcohol setting as a fully registered psychologist.
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership experience
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence