48 Hrs per fortnight working after hours on a 7 day a week rotating roster
Permanent Part Time Position
North Community Team, Epping, (37Km from CBD)
Life with us
The Community Mental Health Team of special clinicians provides innovative, recovery focused care to people within the City of Whittlesea. We encourage individual, evidence based approaches to mental health care and we will value your skills, knowledge and experience. Our team thrives on working autonomously as well as part of a larger team of dedicated and talented people.
A job to be proud of
- Provide recovery oriented assessment and interventions in collaboration with consumers/ carers/families.
- Provide discipline specific evidence based practice and appropriate treatment options as required.
- Participate in discipline specific clinical supervision and workload management. This will include attendance and participation at clinical review and other reflective spaces.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities and in-service training and sharing new found knowledge with the clinical team.
- Grade 2 Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3
- Experienced in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability
- Capacity to undertake alcohol and other drug screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions with clients who have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for self and for team members
- A current Victorian Driver’s License, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport
Our commitment to you
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training and research
- Reward & Recognition Programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
Connect with us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au .
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.