14 February 2018
Regional Psychologist (fixed term)
MFB 6 - $105,539.16 pa plus superannuation
Fixed term – 12 months from date of commencement
Applications are open for the fixed term position of Regional Psychologist within the Workplace Health and Safety department located at our Burnley complex.
Reporting to the Employee Assistance Coordinator you will be required to:
· Manage a clinical case load of clients with identified mental health and wellbeing issues through provision of comprehensive and flexible psychological services including; assessment, goals for intervention, treatment planning and evaluation and referrals in accordance with professional, ethical and relevant Mental Health standards.
· Assess all clients for possible co-morbid conditions and ensure appropriate treatment for those conditions (either directly, or by referral and ongoing liaison with other specialist services). Where required, also ensure that clients receive ongoing risk assessment and management.
· Provide clinical and special support to key MFB staff including Peer Support Officers (including a component of peer clinical supervision), WH&S Staff, and Health and Fitness Staff to deliver best practice mental health and wellbeing services. This may encompass clinical supervision/coaching services to managers and leaders, where appropriate.
· Contribute to the design, development, integration and delivery of mental health programs, services, practices, procedures, within MFB (including the Employee Support Program’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Action Plan). In particular, there will be a focus on continuous quality improvement of special psychology services.
· Provide Clinician on Call services as part of a rotating roster MFB Clinical staff.
· Act as a resource and contribute to the education of the WH&S team by supplying subject matter expertise (commensurate to experience), including maintaining professional accreditation and participating in further training and professional development programs.
· Liaise and network with the Brigade Medical Service and other organisations within the regional mental health services network to ensure MFB health and wellbeing services are current and reflect best psychology practice.
You will possess:
- Qualifications as a registered psychologist, unconditional registration through AHPRA with the Psychology Board with currency of practice.
- AHPRA registration as a Board Approved Supervisor (highly desirable).
- Strong knowledge/training in the principles and frameworks of psychological treatment, in particular those relating to treating trauma and co-morbid mental health and wellbeing issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Emergency Services organisations and issues relate to these working environments, in particular trauma risks (including PTSD/PTSI, high prevalence disorders, substance use disorders and interpersonal/relationship issues), and organisational culture issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate sensitively with Emergency Services staff (operational and corporate).
Applications must address and meet all the Capability Profile (Qualifications and Work Experience) and are to be forwarded electronically to Barb Lawrence, Recruitment Business Partner at email@example.com
For a copy of the position description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Fairlie Morgan on 0407 665 174 for any queries about the role