Psychologist/Social Worker –
Youth Justice, Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre
- Positive, Supportive Culture & Working Environment
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Three full time positions due to expansion
Caraniche is a thriving, dynamic and energetic company committed to providing quality care through a strong psychological underpinning. Caraniche currently have an exciting position available within the Youth Justice team as part of the Youth Health and Rehabilitation Service (YHaRS). YHaRS harnesses the combined expertise and experience of Caraniche, YSAS and St Vincent's Hospital to enable a trauma-informed, family-inclusive, therapeutic, holistic and integrated service for children and young people in youth justice settings.
The position provides diverse clinical work within a collaborative and supportive team culture. Caraniche has a number of experts who provide staff with a solid foundation and supportive supervision framework enhancing staff professional development and client care. Caraniche has now introduced an Endorsement Policy which offers approved staff member's financial support towards attaining endorsement with AHPRA.
Role & Duties:
An exciting vacancy for a fully registered Psychologist or Social Worker is available, the role includes:
- Each clinician is allocated to a unit to work as part of an Integrated Care Team providing holistic and client centred care planning as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Psychological assessment of young people's treatment needs
- Planning and delivering individual interventions based on clinical assessments
- Co-facilitation of groups including the following programs:
- Adolescent Violence Intervention Program (AVIP)
- AOD programs
- Parenting programs
- Psychoeducation programs
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Multi-systemic Family Therapy
- Contributing to transition and discharge planning
- Multi-disciplinary case conferencing
Qualifications & Experience:
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need experience working as a Clinician with a youth client population. You will need full general registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA or registration as a Social Worker combined with relevant assessment and or group facilitation experience ideally with a forensic client group. Successful candidates will be interested in engaging in clinical work across the forensic population and will have appropriate qualifications and experience.
In return Caraniche offers a great culture and including some of the following employee benefits:
- Endorsement Policy
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Ongoing Training and Development towards CPD
- Professional Supervision / Endorsed Supervision
- Exposure to leading industry specific training programs
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Post Graduate Placement Program
- Industry leading Research Initiatives
- Access to employee health services – EAP, CISM
- Flexible working arrangements and work life balance initiatives
- Ability to work across departments / areas of interest to balance the Clinician role
- Onsite parking available.
Caraniche takes great pride in developing and maintaining a positive, inclusive culture of respect and unity and as such we aim to employ quality individuals who share our company values of integrity, excellence, innovation and partnership. Caraniche is an equal opportunity employer, values a diverse workforce and encourages applications from culturally diverse backgrounds.
For a position description and to apply via our Careers page, please visit our website at www.caraniche.com.au or apply via Seek with a cover letter. For confidential discussion, please contact the HR on 03 8417 0500. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply via our Careers page, please visit our website at www.caraniche.com.au or apply via Seek with a cover letter. For confidential discussion, please contact the HR on 03 8417 0500. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.