- Fulfilling counselling role with competitive salary and benefits
- Working within a stable and experienced team
- Full Time and/or Part Time position
- Based in the ACT; some travel to surrounding areas may be involved
We are currently seeking a Relationships and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Clinician to join the Counselling team in a long term program that has been operating for over 50 years! This role provides the opportunity to conduct therapeutic counselling with children, adults and families focussing on relationships and wellbeing.
About the Role
Working with families brings variety and challenges. You will be providing therapeutic counselling to individuals, couples and families, on a range of issues including:
- communication difficulties
- parenting matters, including pre and post separation
- grief and loss
- employment issues
With the integrated model utilised by CatholicCare Canberrra & Goulburn, clinicians are able to work across different programs, thereby utilising their breadth of skills and providing diversity in their work.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives - we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
Ideally, you will have the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology or Social Work
- Registration with APHRA or eligible for Membership with AASW.
- Wide range of experience in family and relationship counselling particularly in relation to issues facing young people, families, couples and individuals
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to clients presenting with complex issues
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
*Please note shortlisting and interviews will be ideally undertaken within two weeks of the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn is committed to equal opportunity in employment, and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.