Working across Moe, Morwell and Traralgon, this contractor role is responsible for linking quality occupational/vocational rehabilitation services to occupational goals. This role works in conjunction with a range of stakeholders to deliver return to work solutions to both Government and Private industry Workers Compensation schemes (e.g. COMCARE, WorkSafe NES). This role conducts a variety of functions including vocational assessments, initial RTW assessments, workplace assessments, facilitated job searching, return to work plans, reverse marketing, case reviews, peer support to our stakeholders and sustainability programs with employers.
This offers a flexible working arrangement and while the volume and consistency of work available varies, the opportunity is ongoing. If you are looking to add to your broader professional activities or seeking a more flexible work life, please submit your application today.
- Delivering individual services, including assessments, vocational interventions, vocational assessments; that are consistent with MAX Solutions philosophy and quality standards
- Providing services that are evidence based and solution focused for job seekers/injured workers returning to work
- Contribute to a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, exercise physiologists and rehabilitation counsellors
- Ensuring all administrative requirements are adhered to including all written reports and internal / external invoicing
- Maintaining and reporting statistics relating to the provision of service
Other Discipline Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessments for physical work capacity including an awareness of multidisciplinary barriers
- Functional capacity testing, ergonomics and worksite assessments where appropriate
- Occupational and vocational rehabilitation including ergonomic audits, work site assessments, return to work or suitable duties plans, case management/rehabilitation plans, education and training.
- Solution focused evidence based rehabilitation links to employment
- Liaison with medical and community health services
- Genuine interest in providing vocational/occupational services to assist some of the most vulnerable members of the community
- A flexible, positive and innovative approach to delivering a range of services across all of our programs with the ability to travel between sites as required
- Highly performance focused and compliant with MAX Solutions contractual obligations, philosophies and quality standards
- An understanding of the role employment has in maintaining good mental health
- A flexible and solutions focussed approach to practice which links to employment
- Clinical and vocational counselling for job seekers returning to work
- Exceptional Communication (oral & written), negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Understanding of barriers to employment and effects of unemployment
- Effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Commercial and labour trends awareness
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including ability to work to schedules and reporting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work to Key Performance Indicators
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in either Psychology, Counselling and / or Mental Health (minimum 1 year post registration)
- Previous occupational / vocational rehabilitation experience
- Previous experience in Compensable return to work services (e.g. COMCARE, WorkSafe OES/NES etc)
- It is essential that you hold one or more of the following tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy / Exercise Physiology / Physiotherapy or Psychology and have membership / registration within the relevant State or National Professional Board (e.g. AHPRA, ESSA)
- COMCARE accreditation and provider number not essential but will be highly regarded
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Own transport, laptop computer and mobile phone are required
At MAX, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please click here to view the Position Description in its entirety and submit your application. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process for reasons of equal opportunity, please call a member of our National Recruitment Team on 07 3727 1306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your application.