AOD Clinician - Registered Psychologist
The Hader Clinic is one of Australia's leading drug and alcohol rehabilitation services and has been operating since 1998. We offer a range of programs to suit the needs of the individual and their family. We hold a proven track record of success, helping thousands of people break free of addiction. We rely on innovative, solution-based individualised treatment programs. Our highly skilled and trained staff – many of whom are success stories of our program – understand addiction first-hand.
Our residential rehabilitation sites provide 90-day programs incorporating a modified therapeutic community model, clinical psychology, drug and alcohol counselling and complementary therapies including yoga, nutrition and art therapy. Clients are offered an opportunity to move into a transitional housing program on completion of their residential stay. Family members are also incorporated into treatment through our Family Program.
About the role
The Hader Clinic is seeking a qualified Registered Psychologist - AOD Clinician to join our team. This is a permanent part time position with view to full time based at Gympie. By joining our multi- disciplinary team, you will have an opportunity to further develop your clinical skills both as an individual counsellor and group facilitator.
We are seeking a candidate with tertiary qualifications in psychology and who is a Registered Psychologist. You will have experience in the provision of assessment and counselling services preferably with AOD or Dual Diagnosis clients. You will also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and effective relationship management skills. A working with children check will also be a required to undertake the role. We would also look favourably on your own experience of being a member of a 12-step program.
What we offer
We will offer you generous and competitive remuneration dependent on qualifications. We provide ongoing clinical supervision and professional development to all members of our supportive and inclusive team.
Description of Duties:
1. Provide assessment, counselling [including crisis intervention], case management and treatment plan implementation for individual clients with drug & alcohol issues in Hader Clinic QLD's drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
2. Provide counselling and supervision of forensic alcohol and drugs of addictions clients; and conduct therapeutic groups on drug and alcohol issues.
3. Provide education on contemporary drug and alcohol treatment in the context of the "12 Step Recovery Program".
4. Participate in the clinical review process of the Retreat; focus on best practice standards on drug and alcohol counselling, treatment and rehabilitation through quality case reviews; and of the treatment and rehabilitation interventions provided.
5. Foster close liaison within Hader Clinic QLD to ensure integration and effective communication across program and service areas.
6. Develop and implement clear written treatment plans for each client in the Rehabilitation Retreat.
7. Ensure that all client records are maintained according Privacy and Confidentiality laws
8. Participate in formal quality review programs, including accreditation programs [e.g. ISO 9001:2008 and other quality improvement activities].
9. Comply with the continuing professional education program or equivalent.
10. Comply with Hader Clinic QLD policies and procedures.
11. Undertake active participation in own performance plan and annual appraisal.
12. Provide supervision and training for volunteers as required.
· Current Registration as Psychologist
· Medicare Registered and eligible for relevant Medicare Rebates
· Advanced clinical experience in an area relevant to the alcohol and drug field.
· Experience in the provision of professional supervision.
· Personal experience with addiction and recovery preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of and working in a "12 Step Recovery Program".
· Significant demonstrated experience working within the drug and alcohol rehabilitation and treatment sector.
· Understanding of contemporary drug and alcohol counselling issues as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation practice.
· Demonstrated experience in the application of quality improvement principles.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions as well as address specific challenges
· Effective clinical report writing skills.
· Current drivers licence and ability to travel.
Key Selection Criteria:
1. Advanced clinical experience in the alcohol and drug or related field.
2. Capacity to provide a high standard of counselling services.
3. Demonstrated experience in the provision of staff supervision.
4. Demonstrated experience in the development and provision of staff training activities.
5. Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership within an interdisciplinary team.
6. Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Appropriate professional registration.
• Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training or equivalent.
• Personal experience with addiction and recovery.
• Competency in the use of word processing and other relevant computer applications.
How to apply
To apply, please send applications answering the key selection criteria to email@example.com and include a resume and cover letter.