Child Psychologist - Permanent contractual position for 1, 2, or 3 days per week.
We are looking for an experienced child psychologist with integrity, passion, warmth, kindness, and a commitment to ethical and professional practice to join our child psychology team. The focus is on children aged from 5 to 12 years old.
We have 2 practice locations in the inner northern suburbs, including onsite Paediatricians, Speech Pathologists and OTs working in a holistic team based approach.
The successful applicant will be have experience in evidence based therapy for children and adolescents and families It would also be an advantage to have experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), disability, or younger children 2 to 4 years old.
Engage 1on1 is a private psychology practice with a team of professional Psychologists offering high quality mental health care for children, adolescents, and adults. We have an excellent reputation with GPs and Paediatricians and a steady stream of referrals and new clients.
An excellent stable private practice income is provided immediately. This is a unique opportunity to work within a progressive team based psychology clinic and you will be well supported in every aspect of your role.
We will provide:
- Opportunity to develop your areas of expertise and interest.
- Opportunity to work with diverse clinical issues.
- A warm, inviting and collaborative team based workplace.
- Flexible days and hours to suit you.
- Peer group supervision and CPD.
- Efficient and friendly practice management, administration and reception team.
Your clinical requirements:
- Experience working with children aged 5 to 12 years in identifying and addressing emotional, behavioural and developmental issues.
- Passion, warmth and kindness, and a commitment to ethical and professional practice.
- Confident and effective communicator, with current I.T. skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a care team and to liaise effectively with referral sources and other agencies as required.
- Advantageous to have experience working with ASD and disability related difficulties, or experience working with children 2 to 4 years old.
Job description / Key requirements:
- Professional clinic location 1, 2, or 3 days per week.
- Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance and ABN.
- Current working with children check.
- Participation encouraged in peer group supervision.
Enquires Dr James van Cuylenburg