Western Health manages three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. It also operates the Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a culturally diverse population of more than 800,000 people. We have more than 7,200 employees who are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES).
Our continued growth will see the completion of a new purpose built, multi-storey Joan Kirner Women's and Children's Hospital.
About the Role
- Seeking an experienced Senior Clinical / Health Psychologist to work part time within the Acute Subacute Clinical Health Psychology Service at Sunshine Hospital, with outstanding clinical and interpersonal skills and demonstrated willingness to develop and maintain their own knowledge.
- Temporary, Part Time 15.2 hours fortnight
- Contribute to the delivery of best care to adults and older adults within Western Health’s catchment
- Support service delivery for adults and older adults with complex mental health presentations, by providing expert consultation and education to Medical, Nursing and Allied Health professionals working at Western Healt
An excellent opportunity for a driven and experienced Senior Clinical / Health Psychologists to join Western Health’s Acute Subacute Clinical Health Psychology Service at Sunshine Hospital.
- Demonstrate expertise and skills in conducting comprehensive clinical assessment, management and treatment of patients with chronic and acute medical conditions.
- Formulating diagnoses based on assessment results;
- Advising on the most appropriate interventions or strategies for managing problems identified on assessment;
- Providing formal reports to the referrer and relevant external parties;
- Liaising with other staff, carers, providers, community agencies and relevant parties.
- Promote an evidence-based practice approach within the Psychology Department, and more specifically the Acute Subacute Clinical Health Psychology Service
- Provide expert consultation of the care and management of adults and older adults with complex psychological presentations in the context of acute / chronic medical conditions
- Promote ongoing learning and education for all staff in the Psychology Department
- Ensure safe and high quality patient care is delivered in line with Western Health values and policies
Skills & Experience OR Essential Criteria
- Hold current general registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Hold an Approved Area of Practice Endorsement with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) in Clinical Psychology or Health Psychology
- High level of competence (5 years or more experience) in the field of Clinical / Health Psychology
- Proven capacity and commitment to work as an effective member of an multi-disciplinary team as well as an independent clinician at a senior level
- Previous experience delivering Psychological services in an acute / subacute general hospital setting
- Previous experience supervising (mentoring) out Psychologists and Provisional Psychologists
- Possess excellent clinical and organisation skills
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
We offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- Work-life balance
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Discounted Onsite car parking
- Onsite fitness clubs
- Culturally safe and respectful environment
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
At Western Health, we value our employees and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience. Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a working with children’s check.
To apply for this position and view the Position description please follow the link to our Career page and search by Reference number 30125 - https://westernhealth.mercury.com.au/