There is an opening for 1-2 clinical psychologists/psychologists to become part of a small private practice in Fitzroy North that is dedicated to anxiety treatment. The treatment at this practice has always aimed to be the best, most advanced, neurologically-based, and drug-free approach available anywhere.
We are looking for applicants with a genuine commitment to working without medication and with a desire for a more proactive and ‘non-pathology’ approach to therapy. If you are dedicated, good at your work, interested in cutting-edge neurological research on anxiety treatment then we want to hear from you.
Whether you are looking for 5+ sessions per week or 25+ sessions per week please see application details below. As with most private practices, hours are initially small but gradually build up over several months.
· Must have Doctoral or Masters level qualifications in Psychology
· Must be eligible to provide Medicare psychological services (MBS Items: 80010 or 80110)
· Must have own ABN
· Must have own indemnity insurance
· Must be eligible for Medicare provider number
. Must be reliable, punctual and have a strong work ethic
· Commitment to evidence based therapies such as BT, CBT, DBT, ACT, & SFT
· Excellent clinical, writing, organization and communication skills
· Ability and confidence to work independently
· Commitment to ongoing Professional Development
· Some experience working with a varied client base
· Friendly, warm personality with ability to build strong rapport with clients
You will be provided with:
· Flexible work hours
· Good remuneration ($95 for clinical psychs or $80 for gen psychs per session + incentives)
· Great PA support
· Excellent opportunity for clinical skill development (Board Approved Supervision)
· Special training in SMART THERAPY treatment for anxiety
· An attractive, relaxed work-place located close to gym and 50m outdoor swimming pool.