Ancora Psychology is looking for clinical psychologists and psychologists to join our team and work across child, adolescent and adult services. We are currently seeking talented, motivated and caring general and clinical psychologists who are passionate about counselling. We have a need for psychologists at our Essendon or Niddrie clinics, with contract positions with generous conditions on offer.
Our clients are predominantly individuals that are self-referred, referred under one of the Medicare initiatives, or as part of third party provider programs (such as WorkSafe or the TAC). Additionally, we provide couples counselling, host workshops and run group classes.
Applicants will be either psychologists or clinical psychologists and must have competency in the assessment and treatment of a variety of psychological conditions amongst a variety of client and age groups. A strong grasp of evidence-based psychological therapy is a requirement. We also currently have a particular interest in and need for clinicians that have exeprience in any of the following areas:
- working with children (and can also work across all age ranges);
- working with (or are interested in learning to work with) clients with eating disorders, body image issues and all associated presentations;
- couples & relationship counselling; or
- after-hours and weekend work.
At Ancora Psychology we have a culture of internal support and encouragement. A positive attitude, an open, down to earth manner, the ability to work independently and the ability to work as part of a team are all qualities that we value and nurture. We hope to encourage and assist all team members to fulfill their potential as psychologists. Some of the benefits and opportunities we provide to our team include:
- competitive contract rates;
- flexible working conditions;
- modern, well resourced and established clinics to support you;
- varied and interesting case presentations;
- the ability to develop and grow an area of interest or expertise;
- regular professional development and supervision, and options for further eduction and training, including supporting clinical endorsement;
- opportunities to particpate in and develop groups and presentations;
- opportunities to supervise other psychologists (both internally and externally); and
- regular team functions, gatherings and a supportive team environment.
Essential criteria include:
- Well developed clinical and counselling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Eligibility for Medicare service provision
- Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
If you have any of the following desired criteria we’d love to hear from you:
- More than 2 years’ experience post-registration
- Current endorsement or eligibility to be endorsed as a Clinical Psychologist
- Experience in, or an interest or willingness to learn (as supported by our clinic), the treatment of eating disorders, body image issues and other associated presentations
- Experience working with couples and relationship counselling;
- Experience working with children and adolescents
- Available for after-hours appointments
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply if you are interested.