Are you looking for opportunities to complete a 4+2 or 5+1 program to become a registered psychologist?
Working with Back2Work offer the following benefits:
- FULL-TIME SALARIED POSITION
- TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES
- DIVERSE CLIENT WORK AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCES
- PAID CLINICAL SUPERVISION TO MEET PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- ACCESS TO PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ELEARNING RESOURCE
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR CAREER ADVANCEMENT
We are offering two 4+2 or 5+1 internship positions. One full-time position is based in Brisbane and the other is based in Sydney.
About the business
Back2Work is a leading national provider of allied health services to Employment Services. We provide high quality short term solution-focused clinical interventions to unemployed job seekers with a focus on improving work capacity. Back2Work staff enjoy working with us as we are committed to providing high quality care, excellent training and ongoing support to our clinicians. Please see our staff comments on www.back2work.com.au.
About the role
This is a clinical role delivering brief solution-focused interventions. You will see a diverse range of clinical presentations, making this an enjoyable position to start your psychology career. You will undergo a comprehensive training program involving elearning modules, shadowing of other staff and workshops. In the role, you will be supported by your clinical supervisor and a manager, as well as your team of Back2Work psychology peers.
We are interested in clinicians who have a vocational focus and can integrate this with clinical intervention skills to assist clients in moving towards employment. You would also liaise closely with the employment service case managers to assist clients in reaching their goals.
Primary role responsibilities
- Provision of clinically informative intake assessments
- Delivery of evidence-based, practical and tailored interventions for individuals or groups
- Delivery of cognitive and other standardised assessments
- Practice ranging across the lifespan (from teens to older adults) and with diverse groups.
- Providing vocational assessments, considering appropriate job-person-environment fit
- Provision of timely, accurate and quality brief reports
- Provide regular feedback to employment services staff on job seeker's progress
- Conduct monthly case review meetings and mini-mental health training sessions
Desired skills and experience
Ability to be self-directive, proactive and flexible in your approach to your work
- Knowledge of DSM5 diagnosis and clinical intervention strategies
- An understanding of how employment can improve wellbeing of job seekers
- Experience in liaising and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous counselling experience would be desirable
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org