Recently, the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) committed to the implementation of new, evidence-based intervention programs aimed at keeping families together. This commitment forms part of a broader New South Wales (NSW) Government reform called Their Futures Matter and includes the Multisystemic Therapy for Child Abuse and Neglect (MST-CAN®) model and the Functional Family Therapy for Child Welfare (FFT-CW®) model.
Their Futures Matter will allow children and families to benefit through:
· $90.5 million in Government funding allocated to family preservation and restoration services over four years
· 900 more children per year receiving world-class services to help them
· 50% of the new intensive family preservation places dedicated to Aboriginal children and families.
A range of non-government organisations (NGOs) across various communities in NSW will deliver these evidence-based models. The models aim to reduce entries into out-of-home care, increase exits from out-of-home care, and immediately respond to trauma, substance misuse and other underlying causes of child abuse and neglect. This creates a diverse range of job opportunities that are now available.
Job Opportunities Available
- Master-level Psychologists /Clinical Psychologists
- Master-level Social Workers
- Bachelor-level Psychologists
- Bachelor-level Therapists – allied health and nursing
- Bachelor-level Interventionists
- Bachelor-level Social Workers
- Family Case Managers
- Psychiatrists / Child Psychiatrists
Express Your Interest
For more information about the jobs available and to express your interest, please click here.
For more information about the Their Futures Matter reform, please click here.