Clinician – High Risk Offenders Alcohol & Drug Service (HiROADS)
- Industry Leading Psychology and Consultancy Company
- Working with high risk offender populations
- Part time – 0.6 EFT (across Abbotsford & Epping location)
- Registered Psychologist, Social Worker or AOD Clinician
Caraniche is a Victorian-based private psychology and consulting company that delivers a range of specialist services to government, private and not-for-profit organisations. Caraniche provides clinical and forensic services, Employee Assistance Programs, management consultancy, training, research, and evaluation. Established in 1993, the company is a values driven organisation with a strong commitment to the professional growth and development of psychologists and other health and welfare professionals. Caraniche is recognised as a leader in the field of forensic alcohol and other drug services, clinical supervision, trauma services, evaluation and training.
We currently have a unique opportunity for an experience Clinician to join the High Risk Offenders Alcohol & Drug Service (HiROADS) team. Reporting to the HiROADS Senior Psychologist, the Clinician will work across the Abbotsford and Epping office locations providing community–based individual psychological treatment to a high risk offender population with substance use issues. This includes offenders who have committed serious violent or sexual offences, offenders who present as antisocial or difficult to engage and offenders who have significant dual diagnosis treatment needs. The HiROADS service adopts a therapeutic approach to drug and alcohol treatment by addressing the issues underlying and exacerbating substance abuse with the overall aim to reduce the likelihood of re-offending.
Role & Duties:
- Psychological Assessment – provision of psychological assessments including risk assessments, identification of presenting issues and formulation of treatment plans, observational assessments, clinical interviews and psychometric assessment
- Individual Psychological Treatment – provision of a range of individual psychological treatments including brief interventions and individual counselling.
- Training facilitation and group program delivery - provision of manualised psycho-educational and psychotherapeutic programs including
- Report Writing, referral to other services, record keeping and file maintenance
Qualifications & Experience:
You will be registered as a Psychologist / Social Worker or have extensive experience as an AOD Clinician. Experience and knowledge working with high risk forensic clients including sex offenders would be highly regarded. The Clinician will be provided with clinical supervision by Caraniche and will participate in regular and endorsed continuing professional development, and both individual and group peer supervision. In these forums, focus includes reflection upon case assessment and multiaxial diagnosis; treatment formulation, conceptualisation and intervention; reflection upon own practices, including transference and countertransference; presentation of case formulations and progress of interventions.
You will work alongside a team of highly skilled and experienced Clinicians. Caraniche offers a supportive culture and flexible work environment including the following employee benefits:
- Flexible Working Policy
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Exposure to leading industry specific training programs
- Ongoing Clinical Supervision provided by the company
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Industry leading Research Initiatives
- Access to employee health services – EAP, CISM
- Ability to work across departments / areas of interest to balance the Clinician role.
- Onsite parking
Caraniche strives to develop and maintain a positive, inclusive culture of respect and unity, and as such we aim to employ individuals who share our company values of integrity, excellence, innovation and partnership. Caraniche is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce.
To apply via our Careers page, please visit our website at www.caraniche.com.au or apply via Seek with a covering letter and resume. For confidential discussion, please contact the Recruitment Adviser on 03 8417 0500.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted