Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private
and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout
Our organisation is part of the Mission of the Catholic Church and every
aspect of our care is based on the Christian values of Hospitality, Compassion,
Respect, Justice and Excellence. It is these values that guide our holistic
approach to caregiving, with respect for the dignity and worth of each
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent
reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly
valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Social Outreach currently has an exciting
opportunity for an experienced and passionate Mental Health Clinician to join
our multidisciplinary Raphael Services team.
Our Raphael Mental Health Clinicians participate in the assessment, planning,
delivery and review of a model of care based around attachment principles to
support vulnerable families in the Ballarat Region experiencing perinatal and
infant mental health difficulties.
The successful applicant will have current registration with AHPRA or AASW
and have relevant mental health credentialing. Possession of a Victorian Working
with Children Check is essential for further consideration.
This position will be offered on a temporary 12 month contract with the
possibility of an extension. The successful candidate will ideally fill the role
in a full time capacity (76 hours per fortnight), however there is some room for
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John
of God Health Care.
- Recognised qualification in psychology, social work, occupational therapy or
mental health nursing.
- Eligible for current registration with AHPRA and/or membership/eligibility
for membership of professional association, as applicable.
- Currently hold or eligible for Medicare provider number.
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical experience in mental health.
- Knowledge and application of the relevant Mental Health Act, National Mental
Health Standards, ethical principles and legislation governing professional
- Demonstrated ability and experience providing a range of psychotherapeutic
intervention to individuals, families and groups.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to
effectively liaise with referrers and other service providers.
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Options
- Discounted Hospital and Medical Services
- Professional Development
To read more about the role on offer, view the position description and apply, please visit the SJGHC Careers website www.sjog.org.au/working-with-us and refer to Job Number: 21691.
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
Applications Close: COB Monday 7 August 2017.
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact Matthew Condie, Manager Mental Health Social Outreach Services, on (03) 5320 2016.