Lilly Pilly Counselling Inc is seeking energetic and committed mental health social workers, psychologists, clinical psychologists and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health workers to join our team as contractors.
We seek practitioners to send referrals to, with clinic locations in Marrickville, Newtown, Petersham, Maroubra, Randwick, Matraville, Botany, La Perouse, Mascot, Mortdale, Peakhurst, Penshurst, Riverwood, Beverley Hills, Campsie, Earlwood and Kingsgrove. We are able to assist suitiable clinicians find practice locations in our areas of need.
We also seek practitioners to provide therapy services to aged care facilities in Sydney locations including the Shire, Canterbury, Inner West, Bayside, St George, Randwick and Waverley LGAs.
Solo private practitioners seeking a community of professionals to engage with and who are seeking additional referrals or who are setting up in private practice should apply.
Lilly Pilly Counselling Inc is a not for profit mental health organisation providing high quality trauma informed therapeutic services to children at risk of mental illness and adolescents and adults with mental health concerns.
Lilly Pilly Counselling specialises in providing free individual and group therapy to people who are unable to find these services due to financial constraints or lack of public availability. Services are funded through Psychological Support Services (PSS), Better Access, Workers Compensation, Veteran Affairs, Victims Services or NDIS systems.
Lilly Pilly Counselling Inc also provides extensive support, training, workshops, supervision, debriefing and wellbeing checks to professionals and organisations working in the fields of trauma and complex mental health.
Lilly Pilly Counselling Inc provides excellent renumeration to our contractor therapists and regular peer supervision within a supportive team of very skilled and friendly practitioners. There are also opportunities to design and facilitate programs that benefit clients and to contribute your innovative service delivery ideas to our rapidly growing team.
- You will work independently alongside a team of psychologists, mental health social workers and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander mental health workers.
- You will use your experience in delivering psychological 1:1 or group therapies to provide services to people with a range of mental health and/or trauma related issues.
- Opportunities exist to work in schools providing individual and group therapy.
- Opportunities exisit for you to provide training, supervision and wellbeing checks to other professionals.
- Your collaborative nature will allow you to effectively liaise with GPs and other health professionals and create positive working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
What you bring to the role:
1. A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline as well as current registration with the relevant professional body.
2. Strong experience in delivering trauma informed psychological therapies at a clinical level in your chosen area/s of special interest.
3. Experience and skills (or proven capacity) in providing or contributing to supervision, support and consultation to other allied health professionals.
4. Training and experience and interest in receiving referrals in at least one of the following areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Suicide prevention with adults and adolscents
- Residential aged care
- Culturally and linguistically diverse populations (you need to be bilingual for this special interest area)
5. Practitioners able to provide therapy in languages other than English are highly sought.
To find out more about PSS visit www.cesphn.org.au/pss
To find out more about Lilly Pilly Counselling Inc visit www.lillypillycounselling.com.au